Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
Carpal Tunnel Syndrome is a condition in which the median nerve becomes pressed or squeezed at the wrist, causing pain, tingling, and/or numbness into parts of the hand (usually of the palm). Individuals who perform repetitive activities such as typing can have problems with Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. Other risk factors for this disorder include pregnancy, hypothyroidism, and arthritis. Carpal Tunnel Syndrome can be diagnosed by a thorough physical exam in combination with nerve conduction studies.
Greendale Physical Therapy can help you manage these issues, including:
- Home exercises to address problem areas at home between therapy visits
- Scar management to keep the skin from tightening around the area after surgery
- Exercises that glide the nerve for healing
- Manual therapies
- Modalities including heat, ice, ultrasound, and electrical stimulation
- Patient education regarding activities, posture, splinting, and biomechanics
Greendale Physical Therapy, LLC helped me regain the strength in my ankles and feet to keep me walking and continue to exercise and golf. The staff are all well skilled, pleasant, and supportive. I would highly recommend them to my friends for PT. They are a great group!
280 Boston Turnpike
Shrewsbury, MA 01545
120 Gold Star Boulevard
Worcester, MA 01545
145 Church Street
Clinton, MA 01510