Traumatic injuries are caused by sudden, forceful impact to the muscles and tendons. They include sprains, strains, fractures, dislocations, tendonitis, bursitis, nerve damage/crushes, muscle tears/strains/spasms/contusions. Physical therapy treatments focus on protecting the injured area, controlling pain, decreasing swelling and inflammation, restoring muscle strength and range of motion. Physical therapy treatments focus on returning normal function to the affected area with therapeutic modalities and manual therapy techniques.
Greendale Physical Therapy can help you manage these issues, including:
- Cryotherapy treatments such as icing and using Game Ready to the affected area to reduce pain and swelling
- Customized exercise program to strengthen muscles and increase endurance
- Bracing or taping the injured area to support it during activity until it heals enough
- Manual therapies
- Modalities including heat, ice, ultrasound, and electrical stimulation
- Patient education regarding activities, posture, and biomechanics
Greendale Physical Therapy, LLC helped me regain the strength in my ankles and feet to keep me walking and continue to exercise and golf. The staff are all well skilled, pleasant, and supportive. I would highly recommend them to my friends for PT. They are a great group!
280 Boston Turnpike
Shrewsbury, MA 01545
120 Gold Star Boulevard
Worcester, MA 01545
145 Church Street
Clinton, MA 01510