Lower Back Pain
Back pain affects the lives of over 80% of Americans at some point in their life. The causes are vast, but it’s important to understand that there is no standard treatment. It must be researched and discovered what works best for each individual patient.
If you have lower back pain it may be due to one or more causes including injury, muscle spasms, herniated disc, spinal stenosis, tumors, nerve problems or arthritis to name a few. We take the time to understand what is causing your pain so we can provide the best care possible.
This may include one or a combination of the following:
- Stretching and strengthening exercises to prevent further injury
- Lumbar spine stabilization techniques to take pressure off the lower back
- Neurological re-education for proper firing patterns of muscles that are weakened through injury or lack of use
- Manual therapies
- Modalities including heat, ice, and electrical stimulation
- Patient education regarding activities and posture
Greendale Physical Therapy, LLC helped me regain the strength in my ankles and feet to keep me walking and continue to exercise and golf. The staff are all well skilled, pleasant, and supportive. I would highly recommend them to my friends for PT. They are a great group!
280 Boston Turnpike
Shrewsbury, MA 01545
120 Gold Star Boulevard
Worcester, MA 01545
145 Church Street
Clinton, MA 01510