Fibromyalgia is a disorder that causes pain all over the body (not just in one spot). It can also cause fatigue, sleep problems, and mood changes. Fibromyalgia symptoms often come and go over time. There are no tests for fibromyalgia, but your doctor may diagnose it if you have long-term widespread pain or if you have localized tender points in specific muscles.
Physical therapy focuses on:
- Decreasing the level of pain and increasing endurance and strength in painful or weakened muscles
- Improving posture and joint position
- Decreasing stress on painful muscles by proper body mechanics for daily activities (including work tasks)
- Patient education about fibromyalgia and helping patients cope with their disorder
- Gentle manual therapies including myofascial release and Biosynchronistics
Greendale Physical Therapy, LLC helped me regain the strength in my ankles and feet to keep me walking and continue to exercise and golf. The staff are all well skilled, pleasant, and supportive. I would highly recommend them to my friends for PT. They are a great group!
280 Boston Turnpike
Shrewsbury, MA 01545
120 Gold Star Boulevard
Worcester, MA 01545
145 Church Street
Clinton, MA 01510